JOBS IN NWTX
Slaton UMC is looking for an accompanist to play hymns, choruses, and special music for choir and offertories. The accompanist practices with the band and choir from 6 to 8pm on Wednesday’s and plays for the 11am service on Sunday mornings. Christmas Eve and Ash Wednesday are desirable, but pay is increased for special events. $90 per week and $125 for special services.
If you are interested please contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pleasant Valley UMC in Amarillo, Texas, is seeking a pianist/keyboardist for Sunday morning Worship. Starting pay is $50. Contact Pastor Gene Hudgins for more information at email@example.com
Join the Abernathy UMC team as we reach out and serve our community. We are hiring a part time youth director and the benefits include housing and utilities. Find out more by calling 806-298-2581 or 806-448-8804.
The primary purpose of the Director of Youth Ministries is to provide leadership for the Youth Ministry to create an environment that nurtures spiritual, mental, and physical growth of Jr High and High School students under the care of the First United Methodist Church of Childress.
1. Commitment to Christ and the ministry of the Church.
2. Completion of basic high school degree required; bachelor’s degree desired.
3. Demonstrate ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate adults to serve in the Youth Ministry.
4. Demonstrate ability to work with Youth to include: discipline, plan activities and show compassion for the Youth.
5. Organizational and record keeping skills and experience in relevant computer programs.
6. Commitment to maintain confidentiality regarding family circumstances and other sensitive information.
7. Commitment to promoting and maintaining unity in the ministry team.
8. Effective communication with staff, youth, congregation, and anyone else who serves in this ministry area.
1. Must complete criminal back ground check
2. Must pass unannounced drug testing
3. Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and insurance as required by the State of Texas
First UMC Littlefield is looking to fill the position of Full time Youth Director beginning January of 2018. For those interested you may call 806-385-4466 for an interview appointment.
JOBS OUTSIDE NWTX
Never miss a thing. Join over 900 people in NWTX who receive our weekly news updates.
Inspire and empower creative ministries through innovative leadership to make new and deeply rooted disciples of Jesus Christ.
NWTX CONFERENCE 1401 Avenue M, Lubbock, TX 79401 Map (806) 762.0201
Wolfforth United Methodist Church seeks a dynamic Contemporary Worship Leader! The successful candidate needs to have a deep heart for leading people in worship, knowledge and proficiency in the latest contemporary/modern worship music, ability to play guitar and/or piano, and strong leadership skills. 3 -5 years’ experience is preferred but not required. The position is part-time (approximately 20hrs a week). Contact Pastor Rich Jones for more info at 806-866-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Ministries Leader is responsible for overseeing the nurturing and discipling of young people (pre-school through high school) into a vital and transforming relationship with Jesus. This person’s primary area of responsibility will be youth ministry, and he/she will also provide oversight and supervision for the children’s ministry.
• Personal and growing relationship with Jesus
• Passion for ministry and a love for students
• Strong relational skills
• Self-motivated leader and engaging teacher
• Team player who works well with others
• Heart for reaching those outside the church
• Oversee the spiritual growth of students through effective youth and children’s ministry programs that include worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism, and servant ministries
• Build strong youth and children’s ministry teams that will help oversee these two areas and manage the budgets
• Youth ministry responsibilities:
o Provide leadership and/or oversight for youth Sunday school, weekly gatherings, small groups, special events, etc.
o Invest time in building relationships with youth and their parents
o Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers who are working in the youth ministry
o Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis
o Attend school or community activities where church youth are involved
• Children’s ministry responsibilities:
o Provide oversight for those leading children’s Sunday school classes, weekly gatherings, special events, etc.
o Invest time in building relationships with children and their parents
o Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers who are working in the children’s ministry
• Communicate effectively with parents, the church family, and the community about the opportunities for youth and children at the church
• Any other duties as assigned by the Pastor or Staff Parish Relations Committee
• Full-time position – 40 hours per week
• Position reports to the pastor
• Oversee part-time youth intern
• Current youth group size is about 25-30 and children’s ministry is about 12-15
• Resumes will be accepted through 1/1/18 and should be sent to email@example.com