JOBS IN NWTX
First United Methodist Church of Borger, Texas, is seeking an energetic, spiritually-grounded individual to fill the part-time position of Director of the Parents Day Out Program.
FUMC Borger exists to make new and deeply rooted disciples for Jesus Christ by inviting and welcoming all, sharing Jesus, and changing lives.
The Director of the Parents Day Out Program will manage the day-to-day
operations of the Parent’s Day Out Program and create an atmosphere where God’s
love is shared with the children attending the program and their parents..
-Passion for leading a staff to care for the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual
wellbeing in their care.
-Ability to plan, organize, and implement new programs.
-Ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to hire and train people to fulfill ministry duties.
- Ability to communicate the church mission and vision.
Negotiable upon experience and education.
The Director of Parent’s Day Out is a part-time employee working 15-20 hours
Please complete the online job application here.
If you desire to also send a resume, email it to Rev. Bobby Wilson at email@example.com
Full Job Description available upon request.
Idalou FUMC is looking for a part time Youth Director. The right applicant will be working Sunday and Wednesday evenings, and possibly be asked to attend some sporting events. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted for an interview.
FUMC in Floydada, TX, is looking for an individual to lead Youth. This is a part-time position with a negotiable salary dependent on experience. For more info, contact Ken Peterson at 806-983-3706 or 806-543-7122
FUMC - Shallowater has a part-time worship leader position open beginning in January. Weekly, the worship leader will be responsible for Sunday morning service only, which is a mix of contemporary and traditional. No midweek responsibilities except for special services such as Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, etc. Communication with the pastor is generally through phone or email to prepare for the service. We only have a pianist every other Sunday, so ability to play piano or guitar is needed. Resume and/or questions can be sent to Tina @ email@example.com.
Butman Methodist Camp & Retreat Center, located near Merkel, Texas, has an opening for a Maintenance Lead to join our staff family. We are looking for a dedicated Christian person with good moral fiber. The successful applicant must be willing to work any day of the week and on some holidays especially during the summer. This is a salaried full time 40+ hours a week ministry position. This person must have maintenance and supervisory experience. Heating, A/C, Plumbing, Electrical, Pool and mechanical experience needed. Our Maintenance Lead is the head of Maintenance and required to live on site in provided staff housing. Good benefit package. You can go on line at www.butmancamp.org and fill out an application if you’re interested in this position. We require a background check and Texas Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Awareness Training before you can start. Salary and all other questions will be answered during interviews. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest and God Bless.
Learn more on the Butman website.
Job Description: Director of College Ministry
Aldersgate United Methodist Church Abilene, Texas
The Director of College Ministry at Aldersgate UMC will develop and oversee a discipleship ministry for, and with, college students from any institution of higher learning in the Abilene area and will develop and oversee an outreach ministry that provides opportunities and equips congregation members to serve and to offer Christ to the students, faculty, and staff members of McMurry University. They will be expected to be available to college students and to provide a hospitable and accepting place for college students to grow in their faith and to develop skills to help other disciples to grow. They will serve as a bridge between the congregation and the McMurry University campus, staying aware of needs and designing opportunities to serve those needs with the skills and the resources of the congregation. The Director of College Ministry will report directly to the pastor of Aldersgate UMC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Discipleship & Outreach):
• Part-time position, consisting of 20 hours per week.
• Build relationships and connect with college students on campus during the week, every week.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
• Be present at church every Sunday morning, attending at least one of the worship services in addition to leading a college Sunday school class and/or connecting with college students in other classes.
• Personally lead a small group and/or Bible study class with college students at least 1 day per week that invites and inspires them to grow in their faith.
• Design and facilitate service opportunities and/or mission trips for students within the Aldersgate Mission Field.
• Meet with students as needed and appropriate when they ask for guidance or prayer, etc.
• Work closely, intentionally and strategically with the McMurry staff, and stay informed of current and emerging needs on the campus.
• Develop and cultivate a small team of people(4-5)who both attend Aldersgate and have ties to McMurry (work there, attended there, etc.) to develop opportunities for service and invite other congregation members to participate.
• This position will be evaluated and subject to change based on current needs of the church on a school semester basis.
• There will be some occasions when the Director of College Ministry will not be expected to work (such as certain holidays, etc...); this will be determined by the pastor as appropriate.
Qualifications and Expectations
• Possess a deep and growing love for God and others. A desire to grow into Christlikeness.
• Communicate with congregation about the plans, events, and needs of both parts of the ministry (discipleship and outreach) through pulpit announcements, Aldersgate in Action (newsletter/bulletin) articles, administrative board meetings, social media, text messages, etc.
• Join Aldersgate as a member and participate in the life of the church beyond the college ministry.
• Make a commitment and effort to maintain reconciled relationships with other staff members.
• Join the rest of the staff and congregation in completing an estimate of giving card each year (and make every effort to fulfill that commitment to God and the church).
• A bachelor’s degree (preferred), with some focus on religion or Christian ministry (preferred).
Interested parties are invited to submit cover letters and resumes to both Brad Hicks, SPRC Chairperson, at email@example.com and to Amy Wilson Feltz, Associate Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOBS OUTSIDE NWTX
Never miss a thing. Join over 900 people in NWTX who receive our weekly news updates.
Inspire and empower creative ministries through innovative leadership to make new and deeply rooted disciples of Jesus Christ.
NWTX CONFERENCE 1401 Avenue M, Lubbock, TX 79401 Map (806) 762.0201