JOBS IN NWTX
First United Methodist Church of Borger, Texas, is seeking an energetic, spiritually-grounded individual to fill the part-time position of Director of the Parents Day Out Program.
FUMC Borger exists to make new and deeply rooted disciples for Jesus Christ by inviting and welcoming all, sharing Jesus, and changing lives.
The Director of the Parents Day Out Program will manage the day-to-day
operations of the Parent’s Day Out Program and create an atmosphere where God’s
love is shared with the children attending the program and their parents..
-Passion for leading a staff to care for the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual
wellbeing in their care.
-Ability to plan, organize, and implement new programs.
-Ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to hire and train people to fulfill ministry duties.
- Ability to communicate the church mission and vision.
Negotiable upon experience and education.
The Director of Parent’s Day Out is a part-time employee working 15-20 hours
Please complete the online job application here.
If you desire to also send a resume, email it to Rev. Bobby Wilson at email@example.com
Full Job Description available upon request.
The Saint Paul United Methodist Church in Amarillo, Texas is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. In keeping with the mission of Saint Paul Church, the Director of Youth Ministries will seek to inspire the spiritual life of students and their families by connecting them to Jesus, helping them grow in relationship with Him and then being released to serve to the end that Christ will be glorified. This staff position shall place first priority on the evangelistic task of leading students and their families to a Profession of Faith in Jesus Christ.
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for ministry to youth and their families in grades 6 through 12. The ideal candidate will have a deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ with a firm commitment to our Wesleyan and evangelical heritage. The successful candidate should be a self-starter and possess a personality that is energetic, dynamic, and relationally-oriented with students and their families and must be the “go-to” leader with an encouraging, upbeat, positive attitude.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, please submit 1) a Letter of Application, 2) a Statement of Faith which describes how you came to faith in Jesus Christ, and 3) your resume. Please include at least three professional references with the resume. Submissions should be sent as an attached file to Pastor Bill Ivins at firstname.lastname@example.org. All THREE documents must be submitted before the application will be considered.
Submissions may also be sent to:
Pastor Bill Ivins
The Saint Paul United Methodist Church
4317 Interstate 40 West
Amarillo, Texas 79106
For a complete job description, please email Pastor Bill at email@example.com.
Idalou FUMC is looking for a part time Youth Director. The right applicant will be working Sunday and Wednesday evenings, and possibly be asked to attend some sporting events. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted for an interview.
FUMC in Floydada, TX, is looking for an individual to lead Youth. This is a part-time position with a negotiable salary dependent on experience. For more info, contact Ken Peterson at 806-983-3706 or 806-543-7122
FUMC - Shallowater has a part-time worship leader position open beginning in January. Weekly, the worship leader will be responsible for Sunday morning service only, which is a mix of contemporary and traditional. No midweek responsibilities except for special services such as Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, etc. Communication with the pastor is generally through phone or email to prepare for the service. We only have a pianist every other Sunday, so ability to play piano or guitar is needed. Resume and/or questions can be sent to Tina @ email@example.com.
This position requires an individual with a strong, growing and deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and who is ready and willing to tell people about Jesus Christ, their Savior. The Executive Director will interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and terminate the individual in this position. This ministry team member will require skills in electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, computer operation, budgeting, organization, diplomacy, Level 1 ropes certification, keen discernment skills and superior staff communications in a fast paced multi-tasking environment. Normal work hours are whenever needed with a minimum of 40 hours per week. Some holidays and/or weekends will be necessary depending on guest group needs and staffing requirements. Workstation includes desk, system phone and a networked computer with Windows 10 and Office 2007 with a DSL line. Staff position requires a six month probationary period.
Bookkeeper / Human Resources
This position requires an individual with a strong, growing and deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and who is ready and willing to tell people about Jesus Christ, their Savior. The Executive Director will interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and terminate the individual in this position. This ministry team member will require skills in computer operation, bookkeeping, organization, diplomacy, Level 1Low ropes certification, keen discernment skills and superior staff communications in a fast paced multi-tasking environment. Normal work hours are whenever needed and a minimum of 40 hours a week. Some holidays and/or weekends will be necessary depending on guest group needs and staffing requirements. Workstation includes desk, system phone and a networked computer with Windows 10 and Office 2007 with a DSL line. CampWise, our scheduling and donor software is proprietary software based on Microsoft Access database and can be expanded to our growing needs. CampWise experience is a plus. Staff position requires a six month probationary period.
Learn more on the Butman website.
Job Description: Director of College Ministry
Aldersgate United Methodist Church Abilene, Texas
The Director of College Ministry at Aldersgate UMC will develop and oversee a discipleship ministry for, and with, college students from any institution of higher learning in the Abilene area and will develop and oversee an outreach ministry that provides opportunities and equips congregation members to serve and to offer Christ to the students, faculty, and staff members of McMurry University. They will be expected to be available to college students and to provide a hospitable and accepting place for college students to grow in their faith and to develop skills to help other disciples to grow. They will serve as a bridge between the congregation and the McMurry University campus, staying aware of needs and designing opportunities to serve those needs with the skills and the resources of the congregation. The Director of College Ministry will report directly to the pastor of Aldersgate UMC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Discipleship & Outreach):
• Part-time position, consisting of 20 hours per week.
• Build relationships and connect with college students on campus during the week, every week.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
• Be present at church every Sunday morning, attending at least one of the worship services in addition to leading a college Sunday school class and/or connecting with college students in other classes.
• Personally lead a small group and/or Bible study class with college students at least 1 day per week that invites and inspires them to grow in their faith.
• Design and facilitate service opportunities and/or mission trips for students within the Aldersgate Mission Field.
• Meet with students as needed and appropriate when they ask for guidance or prayer, etc.
• Work closely, intentionally and strategically with the McMurry staff, and stay informed of current and emerging needs on the campus.
• Develop and cultivate a small team of people(4-5)who both attend Aldersgate and have ties to McMurry (work there, attended there, etc.) to develop opportunities for service and invite other congregation members to participate.
• This position will be evaluated and subject to change based on current needs of the church on a school semester basis.
• There will be some occasions when the Director of College Ministry will not be expected to work (such as certain holidays, etc...); this will be determined by the pastor as appropriate.
Qualifications and Expectations
• Possess a deep and growing love for God and others. A desire to grow into Christlikeness.
• Communicate with congregation about the plans, events, and needs of both parts of the ministry (discipleship and outreach) through pulpit announcements, Aldersgate in Action (newsletter/bulletin) articles, administrative board meetings, social media, text messages, etc.
• Join Aldersgate as a member and participate in the life of the church beyond the college ministry.
• Make a commitment and effort to maintain reconciled relationships with other staff members.
• Join the rest of the staff and congregation in completing an estimate of giving card each year (and make every effort to fulfill that commitment to God and the church).
• A bachelor’s degree (preferred), with some focus on religion or Christian ministry (preferred).
Interested parties are invited to submit cover letters and resumes to both Brad Hicks, SPRC Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Amy Wilson Feltz, Associate Pastor, at email@example.com.
JOBS OUTSIDE NWTX
Never miss a thing. Join over 900 people in NWTX who receive our weekly news updates.
Inspire and empower creative ministries through innovative leadership to make new and deeply rooted disciples of Jesus Christ.
NWTX CONFERENCE 1401 Avenue M, Lubbock, TX 79401 Map (806) 762.0201