JOBS IN NWTX
Job Description: Director of Youth Ministries
Aldersgate United Methodist Church
The director of youth ministries is responsible for the ministry to children grades 6-12. The Youth Director will work with volunteers and parents to oversee the direction of the program. The position is a 40 hour per week position and reports to the Pastor. The work days will generally be Sunday-Thursday with additional days as needed.
• A bachelor’s degree with emphasis on theology, youth ministry or education
• 3 years experience as a youth minister desired
• must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• be a person who professes the Christian faith and is sympathetic with the purposes of The United Methodist denomination
• must be able to maintain and keep confidential information
• must be able to use Microsoft Office products and any type of technology used for presentations
• plan and prepare weekly meetings for Sunday school and Sunday nights, organizing and leading volunteers, and choosing curriculum suitable for the age/maturity of the students
• stay abreast of new resources and changes in youth ministry and culture and adjust our programming as needed to maintain current and effective program
• schedule, plan, and lead in and out of town events such as camps, mission trips, and retreats
• actively seek out service opportunities for youth
• connect the youth group with the larger congregation by planning such activities and participating in regularly scheduled church-wide activities
• be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and re-sources that relate to youth ministries
• develop relationships with youth and parents; follow-up with families if a student incurs multiple absences
• maintain regular communication and meetings with parents regarding events; involve and inform congregation of events on a regular basis
• facilitate Bible studies
• meet individually with students/family for study or counsel
• host meals for youth or find volunteers to do so
• ensure child protection guidelines are observed in all youth ministry settings
• meet one-on-one with the senior pastor weekly
• participate in weekly staff meetings
• lead weekly volunteer meetings
• maintain a department budget, collect all data to be submitted in a timely manner
• work with pastor to create Ministry Action Plan and be evaluated each year based on performance
• meet with other ministry leaders for planning and assistance
• write newsletter articles when requested
• attend youth events (sports, music, graduations, etc.)
• lead parent meetings
• partner with schools to develop strategic ministry outreach program
The mission of Aldersgate United Methodist Church is to raise up deeply devoted disciples of Christ. The Youth Director should guide and model the church youth to walk in line with our mission. The candidate should possess some or all skills such as; servant leader, teaching, administrative and shepherding. The candidate must be able to communicate and listen well. Communication will be a key component for this position. The church needs an energetic advocate for the students. To be successful in this position the Youth Director should be determined, great at follow-up and completing tasks, and very dependable.
Interested applicants are invited to submit cover letters and resumes to both Dustin Wilhite, Pastor AUMC, at email@example.com and Joe Alexander, SPRC chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aldersgate Church in Lubbock, Texas is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic team player who has a passion for working with children and their parents. The Kid’s Pastor will have the primary responsibility of overseeing the nurturing and training of children (kindergarten through fifth grade) in a personal relationship with Jesus.
1. Provide leadership for creating a climate that encourages children to discover a personal relationship with Jesus and grow in Him.
2. Recruit, train, and shepherd children’s ministry leaders (paid and/or volunteer) through discipleship, teaching, and encouragement.
3. Oversee the discipling of the children of Aldersgate through personal relationships, worship experiences, groups, special events, and other activities.
4. Build relationships with children and their parents, be available to these families, and provide resources and encouragement for them.
5. Ensure that Aldersgate’s vision to reach the unchurched is implemented through the kid’s ministry.
6. Invest in raising the visibility of kid’s ministries throughout our church family and in the community through a variety of creative communication techniques and events.
7. Assist in pastoring Aldersgate through hospital visitation, counseling, and nurturing our church family.
8. Assume any other responsibilities assigned by the Lead/Spiritual Growth Pastor.
To apply please include a resume that contains educational background, experience, and references. In addition, please attach the following information:
1. Briefly share your story including your salvation experience.
2. Describe your core beliefs of the Christian faith.
3. Describe your strengths and weaknesses.
4. Share your personality type (include your Myer’s-Briggs, DISC, or Enneagram profile if known).
5. Share your vision for kid’s ministry.
Send completed application by July 1 to:
10306 Indiana Avenue
Lubbock, Texas 79423
FUMC - Shallowater has a part-time worship leader position open beginning in January. Weekly, the worship leader will be responsible for Sunday morning service only, which is a mix of contemporary and traditional. No midweek responsibilities except for special services such as Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, etc. Communication with the pastor is generally through phone or email to prepare for the service. We only have a pianist every other Sunday, so ability to play piano or guitar is needed. Resume and/or questions can be sent to Tina @ email@example.com.
Snyder First United Methodist Church is seeking a full time Director of Outreach and Discipleship. Please send resume to 2700 College Avenue, Snyder, TX 79549 or to office@firstUMCsnyder.com.
Looking for a ministry opportunity? Now hiring Summer Staff - Food Service, Maintenance/Landscaping and Programing. Apply online here.
JOBS OUTSIDE NWTX
Never miss a thing. Join over 900 people in NWTX who receive our weekly news updates.
Inspire and empower creative ministries through innovative leadership to make new and deeply rooted disciples of Jesus Christ.
NWTX CONFERENCE 1401 Avenue M, Lubbock, TX 79401 Map (806) 762.0201